We had five participants for the workshop and ten entries for the training show.
Taking advantage of the small attendance, we offered almost-one-on-one instruction. As all dogs were able to perform basic tricks already, the participants learned how to reduce hand signals using a gate and how to incorporate transitions in a sequence of multiple moves with Tatiana and Jan. In addition, Ros and Shona helped a student deal with her dog’s barking issue.
All dogs had a great time learning new stuff and getting lots of treats!
In the training show our special instructor Jan gave us feedback on our routines, which made it a great opportunity to find ways to improve the use of the ring space, the structure of routines, and so on.
We hope to have another fun afternoon later this year.
If you are interested in performing in the training show at the Fun Afternoon on Sunday, the 3rd September, please read the following notes carefully:
- We accept entries on the day but we would appreciate it if you would register your entries in advance. Payment ($5 per entry, including pairs or group routines) can be made on the day. To register your entries in advance, email us your name, your dog’s name, the title of your routine, and an MP3 file of your music (if possible).
- As we don’t have a CD player, please send us an MP3 file of your music by email or through any online file transfer service (e.g. Google Drive, DropBox, or Filemail.com) in advance or bring your music on an iPod or a similar potable music player on the day.
- Entries will be taken until 2pm on the day. The show is expected to start around 2.30pm.
- Please follow instructions given by our team on the day.
- All routines will be video recorded and feedback will be given to every performer.
- Last but not the least, have fun dancing with your dog!!
Did you miss it last time? No problem! We are doing it again!
We are having another Freestyle / Heelwork to Music Fun Afternoon on Sunday the 3rd September! Make sure to mark your calendar and join us at NZKC showgrounds Ardmore!